In the late 1800's, Thomas Edison's light bulb was one of mankind's greatest inventions and one we still use today. The technology is now 130 years old and is not efficient to operate with today's rising energy costs. As much as 40% of your electric bill may just be keeping the lights on.
By upgrading from incandescent, HID, or fluorescent lighting to LED lighting, with the addition of daylight harvesting and motion sensors, energy consumption on lighting loads can be reduced by 80%. Because they last so long, maintenance cost are further reduced by additional 75%.
The various lighting in your home falls into four general categories:
- Ambient lighting – for safe passage, functionality, and visibility (your standard home lighting)
- Task lighting – for specific areas (garages, laundry rooms, kitchens)
- Accent lighting – for highlighting and showcasing areas of your home (artwork, pictures, bookcases, china cabinets, bar backs, fireplaces)
- Security lighting – for safety and enhancing night-time visibility (floodlights, motion sensors, photo cells, dusk to dawn timers)
Examples of completed Customized Lighting Projects:
- LED under-cabinet lighting - Residential
- Explosion-Proof LED lighting - Allsteel Paint Department
- Parking lot lighting - TPC
- Energy efficient T-8 lighting, with motion sensors - Allsteel Paint Department
- New Construction Energy Design Assistance – Barrel House
- Stairway lighting – Residential
- Multi-tenant living – Rent QC
LED under cabinet lighting provided by SIMCO.
We had SIMCO install under cabinet lighting in our kitchen. We were uncertain on what products were available and what would best serve our needs. SIMCO handled everything and guided us towards dim-able LED strip lighting which looks great. Price was good and we have had many complements. I would refer SIMCO and plan to use them again for any future projects.