If you wish to have your home's electrical system inspected for the following reasons, we can help!
- Home Evaluation
- Code Compliance
Even if we didn't install for your home's current wiring, as a licensed electrical contractor, SIMCO Electric is fully certified to inspect your home's wiring. With a keen focus on safety and functionality, our team of trained electricians will thoroughly test and inspect ALL aspects of your home's service and wiring, inside and out.
A Home Inspection from SIMCO Electric is not complete until we have...
- Checked the service cables and meter for water damage, rust, and general weathering
- Exercised and inspected all breakers in the panel board for water damage, rust, and corrosion
- Checked the connection tightness and wire integrity of all circuits inside the panel board
- Ensured that all grounds are connected and bonded
- Tested all hardwired smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Tested all exhaust fans
- Tested the functionality of all GFCI and AFCI branch circuit protectors
- Checked the polarity and functionality of all receptacles and switches.
All home inspections from SIMCO Electric and Communications, Inc. are performed by clean, courteous, and trustworthy trained electricians with minimal disruption to your home.
Are you finally moving forward with those plans to refinish your kitchen, basement, or build an addition?
Are you scared to go near that water damaged, rusted-out, hazardous panel board?
When you look at the outside of your house, do you see weathered, crumbling cables barely supported by rusty straps?
If you answered yes to any of these questions... YOU NEED A SERVICE UPGRADE!
A service upgrade is the installation of new equipment to increase electrical capacity, which is a necessity as your home evolves to meet the needs of your family. SIMCO Electric will perform a service upgrade in one day with little to no modification of your home.
Aside from an increased capacity to add new circuits to your home's existing wiring, a service upgrade will go a long way toward improving the re-sale value of your home. SIMCO Electric assures the safe operation of all new breakers and materials as your house is brought up to code.
A standard overhead or underground feed service upgrade from SIMCO Electric includes the following:
- New service cable leading to meter (100A, 150A, 200A)
- New meter socket
- New breakers (If you currently use Federal Pacific)
- Bonding for water meter
- Two copper ground rods
- New GFCI protected convenience outlet